2.21.2008

FURminator


Ok, I've spent lots of crazy money on things for my dogs--some worthwhile & some wasted. Spending $35 on a comb for a GREYHOUND, which is essentially a nek'kid dog, seems ridiculous right? And of course, everyone thinks "greyhounds don't shed." [They shed like you wouldn't believe, but that's a story that will be coming this spring]
On the advise of my friend, who's also my vet, and who so wonderfully delivered all of Cherry's puppies, he said he got one at a conference & used it on his greyhound. No way would it work, I said. Ahh, but the fur comes out in thick clumps--more hair then you'd ever imagine a greyhound has.
So, we bought one. OHMIGOD does it take the hair out of several of my dogs. Doesn't really work on Star, as her coat is very sleek & fine. But tons of hair comes out of Evie, Boone, Colt & Newell... A heavy, weighty comb it doesn't feel like you're wasting your money. The cats even love it too--and talk about getting 10 new cats after they're combed [and to Gizmo's dismay, not real cats]!!!
Get a FURminator. Go to http://www.furminator.com/ & find out where they're sold in your area. Your pet will thank you--and it's pretty cool to have all that hair/fur come out of them!

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

looks like an all-terrain razor.

i'll get one for omo when i'm back in the us. he lives for making dust bunnies.

i think you need to post a photo of your new "kittens" and "puppies".

sarah said...

I found your blog when I was googling greyhounds in seattle. I would love to use your dogs in a photoshoot - if you are interested, please email me at saritadita@comcast.net. I hope to hear from you!