7.17.2006

Piece de Resistance! HOURGLASS!!!




Some of you out there know I've been working on it...and my goal was to finish it before the bar...AND I DID...small modifications must be made [namely, ripping out the neck and bringing it in more to avoid the Flashdance look, which was great in 1985, but very very bad in 2006, considering that if I bent over, you could see all the way down to business that, well...]

Anyway, the details are as follows:

Pattern: Hourglass from Last Minute Knit Gifts
Yarn: STR Falcon's Eye [3.75 skeins] lightweight
Size: 2nd to largest--I like wearing t-shirts under my sweaters & I also wasn't too sure how thin it would be w/the sock yarn!
Needles: Addi #7 body, Addi #5 dpns to start the sleeves, then back to the 7 circs...FINISHED on the new KnitPicks #7s [very very handy for attaching the neckline btw since you can put the end-caps on the cord!]

Photos show a sweater that hasn't been blocked or otherwise shaped, other than slapping it on the floor for a photo, so excuse the wrinkles & poufiness. The one sleeve is very white-green alternating stripes, which is kinda cool...not too much pooling anywhere, but note the gap in the neck? No kidding, if I stood up straight & could take better pictures of myself, it would fall right off my shoulders & end up around my waist! Generally very happy otherwise, would do the pattern again, probably in solid black [may the KnitPicks Shine?] for a dressier look? This will be perfect for comfy, casual days when you want to look better than just wearing that ratty old sweatshirt from the back of the closet but still want to be relaxed!
Bridget missed out last night seeing it 99.9% finished...very long weekend running the dogs, but more on that later...

BACK TO BAR STUDIES...one more week & it's over, yeah me!

5 comments:

Val said...

Good for you! Can't wait to see it with the neckline adjusted and you wearing it.

megan robertson said...

It looks gorgeous! Good job, and I can't wait to see it in real life.

good bar luck!

Bridget said...

Congratulations! I love the way that sock yarn knit up. Really pretty color. I was so zonked out last night really exhausting weekend. Even the dogs are tired today!

Angela said...

Great sweater!!! Gorgeous colors!

Shannon said...

The hourglass looks great. Did you double the yarn or just knit loosely?

Good luck with the bar.