7.31.2006

Apparently


I'm still slowly re-entering the land of the living after the bar exam! It's funny how everyone asks how I think I did...being that the exam is *somewhat* subjective from the standpoint that there are certain things the graders look for, but you have no idea if you'll be rewarded for describing or using the actual word...example profit a prendre, I'll let you all know in October when the results come out! How exciting! It's also exciting to visit w/friends & generally get caught up on life from the past few weeks that I've seemed to miss!

On other news...I went to Tricoter today & exchanged my leftover ball of STR Falcon's Eye from Hourglass for STR Lapis. Very nice of them to do that! The photo's a little blurry, but there are lots of rich blues, teals [or is it more a French blue?], emerald green & violet/purple. They had some kits for the fairisle socks in--looks more complicated then I'd want to put into a pair of socks.

Working on Clapotis now [as I'm the last person on earth who's made it]. Using the Swell Yarn [see post below] for it...so far it's going well. The color of the yarn is beautiful!

3 comments:

megan robertson said...

The lapis STR looks yummy, what are you going to make? You're not the only person to not have made the clapotis... I haven't and am pretty sure I won't! m.

Val said...

Me neither. Is it blasphemy to say it doesn't do anything for me?

I love that Lapis colourway. Maybe it's time I tried some Socks That Rock. Maybe I am the last person in the world who hasn't knit with STR yet...

cindi said...

I think the Lapis will turn into dragon socks from keyboard biologist! And the clapotis is kinda fun b/c you can pull out the stitches :)