11.13.2008

New Knitting

I promised & promised to give deatils on my new project & here it is: Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl. The sample looked really pretty in the shop - in a light greenish, mint-ish, blue color. I'm doing mine in navy:

Frog Tree Alpaca fingering weight - color #59 [navy]

Problem is that starting the pattern sucked. What a stupid way to start a pattern:

"Begin w/provisional cast on. Using a crochet hook about the same size as your knitting needle & waste yarn, chain 4 sts. Using shawl yarn & knitting needles, knit up 2 sts in back bumps of crochet chain. Begin shawl on these 2 sts. "
...it took forever to figure out how to rotate, knit up, remove the waste yarn, etc. I even went to the local yarn shop [www.hilltopyarn.com] to have them help me get the damn thing started. Ugh. I guess a new knitting project of lace work isn't ideal when I haven't knit in forever b/c of the carpal tunnel diagnosis last year but eh, why not?!

And on a side note, yes my personal drama is somewhat waining. Not 100% solved, but hopefully not as dramatic. It's quite true, that old saying, when it rains it pours.

1 comment:

Hege said...

The shawl is going to be beautiful in navy! Hope you enjoy knitting it. It's interesting to hear about the start, that sounds very strange, and I just bought a shawl pattern from them, too!
I am glad to hear that things are getting better. Or at least calming down :)