8.26.2006

Show This!

So, I took Cherry to the faux-show [as I call it... it's really an AKC B-Match, which means that you don't get any points or anything for it if you win, but it's good practice].

She was the only GH there [c'est la vie], so that's what the 2 ribbons on the outside are for--she won her breed [duh]! Then, we had a jaunty little pharoh hound for our competition for best of adult dogs/bitches in the hound group. The pharoh kicked our butt! Still proud of her though & she got a snazzy little toy [not pictured] to add to her collection.

The *point* show is tomorrow & there are supposed to be 3 dogs, 1 bitch & 1 special that she's going up against. Hopefully she'll win!!!! I'm so new to this whole showing thing so it's a learning experience for both of us :)

I also will add, on a non-dog related note, that I started my new job w/the federal government this week! Won't mention the agency, but I'm very excited. I have 8 weeks of class training & 4 weeks of on-the-job training, and even though it's fairly "entry level" it will give me a solid background in my field & allow me to move into the position that I *really* want as soon as a position is available!!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Well, congrats to both you and Cherry!
Well done :)

Val said...

OMG, three MONTHS of training??

megan robertson said...

Cherry was lovely! and congrats on the new job. I'm done showing for awhile, yippeeee! Won't have to do that again till next spring!

Unknown said...

My mom works for the federal government and LOVES it.