8.14.2006

Dragon



Extreme close-up of the dragon socks I made for my secret pal at my LYS...
Yarn: Claudia Handpaints "A Walk in the Woods"
Very purplish-blue like my Sony Vaio!
Needles: Addi size 1 [want to get the knitpicks though!]
Gauge: for socks?
I'd show more, but who knows if my secret pal is lurking out there somewhere???
+++++++++
And on a greyhound related note...Happy 100th to the National Greyhound Association!
If you want a great dog, look no further than your local greyhound adoption group!
Greyhound racing, while controversial, provided us with Newell, who ran successfully in Arizona, as well as Evie from Colorado & Oliver from Florida. Cherry & Gizmo aren't "track" dogs, have the same amount of desire for running in their pedigrees. All have come from wonderful sires and dams tracing back to the 1800s.
And thank you to the track trainers & owners who treated my dogs so well while you had them! They have been a joy to own & we couldn't ask for anything more!

2 comments:

Bridget said...

cool pic of the socks, and as I have seen them in person I think your Sock Pal can't help but be pleased. Didn't know it was the B-Day of the NGA.

Val said...

Very nice, and pretty wool too. So are there YO's? Can't see any holes. I'm thinking my next socks (oh, gawd, listen to me) will be YO-less.