6.21.2006

Words...actual bar update [how un-exciting]


I've been stuck in the cave know as my back room for the past week and a half with bar studies! Things [so far] are progressing well & panic has yet to set in.

Outlines completed: Contracts; Property; Civil Procedure; Family Law; Community Property; Evidence

Outlines left to do [based on subjects still needed for classes...] agency, partnership, corporations UCC Sales, crim pro, crim procedure, constitution, torts, ethics, corporations, and many more that I'm blocking at this point in time...

Graded essays written: contracts. Graded essays I have to write by Saturday: property, civil procedure, family/civ pro, torts and ????

Realization #1: I know there's another one hidden away in there... And I keep plugging away at more practice essays...trying to stay positive here...

Realization #2: I've actually felt *guilty* when I'm doing things other than bar study! Feeding the dogs, doing laundry, taking a shower, vaccuuming, running an errand at the store...all are guilt inducing activities...strange...

Realization #3: the exam is only 4 or 5 weeks away & it seems like the noggin is already at capacity. What gives? Still must cram lots of knowledge in there and it doesn't seem like it will all fit.

Realization #4: I should NOT secretly be sneakin' in any knitting. I need to finish an alpaca one-skein glove [courtesy last-minute-knit-gifts], and the matching hedra... I also started Hourglass sweater in.....[drumroll]...STR lightweight...Falcon's Eye! I actually have pics of the one-skein gloves & matching drawstring bag that I made with some KPPM... [see above]

Realization #4[a]: LYS [Tricoter] is having their semi-annual sale right now...I was good & stayed home, studying, when they had cashmere at 50% off...Wish I had gone when they still had the classic elite luxury [though I have no $$ right now]...and I am secretly coventing 4 skeins of black Karabella 'Boise' cashmere @ 25% off to make the most *beautiful* cabled scarf they have as a sample [in red] in the store...DAMN me not working right now!

Realization #5: it's late & I'm staying up just to hear Jay Leno's monologue...I need to go to bed...I have double class tomorrow--crim pro in the morning & torts in the evening...crazy but I want a day off next week...

2 comments:

Val said...

Bleh, way too much brain work! I really don't envy you.

And, la la la la, I can't hear you re the 50% sale! Must control myself.... Must. Not. Buy. More. Wool.

Val said...

That's a very cute little bag. Sounds like you're getting your money's worth out of that book.