2.16.2006

Socks From Hell...

Ok, after *much* trial and tribulation, I finally got the gusset stitches on this freakin' sock picked up and turned! I couldn't figure it out for the life of me [newbie knitter + hard to figure out directions = 1am bedtime]! Well, that and about 10000000 visits to various blogs for "how to" help plus a few yahoo groups--and another wish for Cherry to take the damn thing & run through the house with it like she did last week [which resulted in me re-doing the entire thing from about 1/2 way down the cuff AGAIN...]

There are a *handful* of tiny mistakes, but not too readily noticable--and they will not appear on the other sock when I get around to it!

Not entirely sure if I'd recommend a sock for someone just starting out--but damn if I wasn't determined to get it done :)

No comments: