2.27.2006

Knitting Fool!


I am a knitting fool! Since the last post, I worked on AND felted my "hobo grommet bag."
Pattern = decidedly hilltop [LYS]
Yarn = Cascade 220 in jet [on Addi Turbo #9s]
All that's left to do is let it dry & add the grommets!

Project #2...alison's ankle socks. Tricky b/c they require short row heels--and that was a pain in the ass to figure out!
Pattern = the blue blog [see link above]
Yarn = artyarn supermerino [superwash] 110 [on Addi Turbo #1s]

Wasn't sure what I was going to do with the artyarns--it's SO pretty in pinks/purples/reds and ankle socks seem perfect :) It's a bit thick for a footie, but should be perfect with tennis shoes! Kinda did a modified kitchener--so it would have a bit of a seam across the foot like on a regular store-bought sock...

5 comments:

Bridget said...

Pictures Please!

Melissa said...

New here and wanted to say that I love your Olympic socks! What is the name of the yarn that you used? I made my first pair of socks for the Olympics too...it's so addicting!

cindi said...

White/Blue socks = Sockotta cotton/wool/nylon which seeming have stretched out a bit even though I knit pretty tight! 1 wash already too, but they seem to be doing ok otherwise...

Val said...

You figured out how to turn heels and do short rows and you think you can't do simple lace like Branching Out??

megan robertson said...

The ankle socks are awesome! I think I need some of that yarn...

You are indeed the knitting fool, the whackiest knitting fool I know, and a huge inspiration to this tired old sweater knitter!!!

And Val is right, Branching Out is tons easier than socks...