3.20.2009

What's All the Fuss?


Maybe I'm just not cool or hip. Actually, I'm pretty sure I've never been either. But anyway, I don't get it. I don't get twitter, facebook or myspace. What's the purpose? I have my little blog, email [5 different email addresses to be exact and I'm attempting to phase out 2 of them - and 2 are for junk mail only] and a cell phone - with madly insane text messaging attached to it. If you need to get in touch with me, send me an email or text or call. Why do I need to be on all this other stuff? What's the facination? I mean, I was hesitant about having a blog for fear it was too personal & there is a bit of anonymity lost. But with twitter, facebook and myspace, can you really be anonymous on the web? As it is, everything you post is out "there" forever.
Thoughts?

2 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'm sticking to email and blogs. No facebook, myspace, or texting for me :-). I already communicate enough!

Jen

Graziella said...

I think facebook has it's place for helping everyone keep in touch with family and friends when you live far from them. Its less involved than a blog to set up, and it makes it easy for people to connect with each other. I do agree that using it in addition to myspace is overkill. I think that myspace tends to be more high-schoolish and cliquey, which is why I prefer facebook.

Twitter on the other hand is so useful. You can get instant info from specific individuals you want it from. The instantaneous and cell phone computability make it a great tool to connect in real time. I have found it very useful.