1.09.2009

Happy New Year [belated]


We had a good holiday. It was SO much better than last year I don't know where to begin. Best Christmas gifts EVER = Tiffany's holiday pattern tea cup & saucer. Seriously, tea tastes better in it. I'm totally determined to have a table set with this entire pattern at some point in the future! It's so beautiful!

Also got a pair of my favourite Ugg slippers. I haven't worn them yet because I need a bigger size & the store is still out of stock! Uggh [pun intended].
Finished boyfriend's socks after New Year. Oh well. He loves them though; wore them about 4 days in a row. Which was followed by, "I need a Danish pair of socks."
Boyfriend is Danish and for him, it doesn't mean some sort of fancy Scandanavian patterned socks - but just something simple in red and white [the colours of the Danish flag]. I thought Trekking XXL made some, but alas no. So, went to Etsy and found Sunrise Fiber Lodge Studio - which had the perfect red & white yarn.

I can't wait - it looks so fabulous - and is self striping! It's superwash merino, bamboo & nylon so it should be super soft. This is only the 2nd time I've purchased something from an Etsy shop. I think the items people have to offer for sale are nice, but I really dislike the search process for looking for items on it. Think it could be better - the search engine that they use needs to be improved IMO.

3 comments:

IHateToast said...

happy new year. red cabbage with cream. has that been forced on you yet? that usually gets a giggle.

and am in the process of tagging you.

cindi said...

Red cabbage yes. But nothing about cream. Hmmm, will have to inquire. Though for Christmas dinner we did have ris lamande [sp?] - the rice pudding like dessert. Yum.

And the yarn came in super quick! Very impressed so can't wait to start knitting!

Life With Dogs said...

We're late - but Happy New Year to you as well!