10.27.2008

Fall in PNW

Evie has a bone spur. Basically like a knot on her wrist. She's getting around ok but limps alot after running hard. Annoying because I know it hurts her & can only do pain management at this time. Good news though is EVIE TURNED 8YRS on 10/17....whooohooo....

Picture of boyfriend, Evie & Tara enjoying a bright, sunny fall morning taken last Sunday. It was unusually dry and sunny! We'll take what we can get as it's better than drying off muddy feet. The girls had to go to the dog wash afterwards because they were covered in sand and mud - and we were too lazy to do it at home & clog up the bathtub.

And a photo of a nice fall scene - on the Snoqualmie River - taken on our walk this past Sunday. Again, unusually dry & sunny. About 60 and quite crisp out. Better than rain!!!

Oh! I also slowly started to knit again. Working on a shawl for boyfriend's mom for xmas. I am SO looking forward to the holidays with him! His family is coming to the house for Thanksgiving - and we're doing everything! So fun. He's never had his family to his house & he's lived here 13yrs! Against my own holiday rules of ettiquette, we even bought new Christmas ornaments when we were at IKEA the other day [I really hate anything Christmas - or any holiday for that matter - that's 'out of order' - i.e. no Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, etc.] There were some really cool black ornaments I got but I may return them; combined with the red ones I'm either thinking deck of cards or I don't know what...hmmmmm

2 comments:

IHateToast said...

sorry about the bone spur but not sorry that she's a whopping eight!

i miss thanksgiving for many reasons, but one is that it's a marker. they don't have it here in australia, so there's not a definite time to say it's tacky to put out christmas decorations. there is also no halloween. christmas creeps in so soon here.

those are lovely photos. i miss the mountains. (will we see progress on the shawl?)

cindi said...

The funny thing is that Evie will still run like she's 2yrs old if I asked her to!

Australia is on my places to visit. The airline ticket cost is what's holding me back!!!

Yes to shawl progress. It's just a nubbin now so not much to show...