12.21.2006

Snow, Rain, Wind & Thing


Oswego, NY from 2004 when we lived in Syracuse. New meaning of "white Christmas."
Anyway, there hadn't been any Miss Thing updates b/c I haven't had power or internet for the past 7 days. There was a huge wind storm that came through Seattle last Thursday evening & knocked out power. Trees down everywhere & initially some 1,000,000 people without power! No damage to our home, but we did lose a pretty big limb off the fruit plum tree. Lots of tree-litter everywhere & a house at the end of the street lost a *huge* pine that tore down all the power lines. Yes, we were lucky no one was hurt & all the critters are safe... However, major pain & lots of people aren't supposed to have power back well into next week. I've lived on the east coast, upstate NY, through hurricanes in FL & even blizzards in the midwest [yes, we also lived in Denver] and the response from the power company has been laughable. The whole hill up to our street had power back on Tuesday--but they didn't feel like coming back to finish the job until today. Don't even get me started...
Anyway, Miss Thing is doing well. She's up & around & moving, though still a bit wobbly on the back end. She does tip over easily. Her tail flicks in quite a sassy way & she looks at you with indignation many times! So back to her old self. Pictures this weekend I promise! Last December she cost me $2500...this December, it was $890. I'm pretty convinced now that she'll live to be 100yrs.
I made a hat for a secret pal @ my work gift exchange. It was the Odessa hat [sans beads] from Grumperina. Totally cute in a cream colored Rowan Cashsoft 4-Ply! I have some khaki colored Rowan Cashsoft DK left from another project that I beaded & will get to work on for another gift...

1 comment:

megan robertson said...

I'm very glad to hear miss thing is doing better. we've been thinking about her... m