10.29.2006

Upddates w/out Pictures

Well, I've been absent from the blog for awhile. Busy with work & after having to look @ a computer all day, I haven't really felt like posting anything! For the most part, I'm out of classroom training @ work in into real OJT. Still falls into the *blech* category but better than staring at an instructor all day. Updates in no random order include:

Cherry's going to show class still. We're making progress & are going to enter the Whidbey Island Show in a few weeks... Hopefully all the progress we're making will have paid off! Trotting around the ring = good. Stacking = not so good.

What am I knitting???

  • I used up some left-over Blue Sky cotton to make a washcloth.
  • Finished a few baby hats for co-workers [from One-Skein book] with left over sock yarn--everyone loved them!
  • Finished a placket neck pull over from LMKG for a friend from law school who's due in a few weeks! It's trimmed w/Classic Elite Pima Cotton & the body is from Rowan Denim in cream.
  • Still working on the clapotis w/the yarn I got from Angela this summer.
  • I have FAILED at the Baudelaire KAL... I really didn't like how big & baggy the heel turned out. It seemed like it would be quite saggy & not the most optimum fit. So, notice the button on the side of the blog is gone now! Have to get the yarn on the winder & pull it all out. Think I will make a pair of hedra with the olive yarn instead!
  • I'm working on a gift scarf [Purl Scarf from LMKG] using some Blue Sky bulky in the stash supplemented with some kidsilk haze. I think it will be quite fun & snuggly when done! Not sure who it will be gifted to.
  • I so want to make some more of the hand-warmers from One Skein!
  • Need to start on the xmas gift for my mom w/the Habu Textiles bamboo!

Melanie Harris... I have no idea if you will read this or if you have a blog but *thank you* for the wonderful socks!!! I participated in a sock exchange @ my LYS [look back to the dragon socks I did]. What did I get in return??? A very perfectly fitting pair of hedra's in solid white/cream maybe from Opal or Knitpicks [not sure on the yarn]. Pics soon, as the digital camera is on the charger!

2 comments:

Hege said...

Pippi says thank you, and that she definitely needs a knitted sweater. :) Hope you are liking your new job, sounds like it's keeping you busy!

Val said...

Ya know, we really need to see photos of all the knitted goodness.