5.27.2006

Finished Objects & other Miscellaneous Ramblings

Finished:
Husband Socks
Trekking XXL Color = 124
Pattern = stockinette w/k2p1 rib
What I didn't like: The blue, while very vibrant, seemed to rub off on the other bits of yarn, so the yellow, orange & red have speckles in them...at first it wasn't too bad, but the more I knit, the more I found it annoying. Also, not as soft as I'd personally like, but they *are* husband socks!
[BTW, this picture is of sock #2 but they're being worn today!]

Acquired [sans photo]:
Amy Butler Fabric Charm Medallion
Color = Melon

Acquired:
Kaffe Fassett fabric in Roman Glass
Color = Byzantine


Finished [sans photo]:
Husband Sweater
Arucana Cotton Color = Paprika Red
Pattern = Yarn Girls'
What I did/didn't Like =
Like the thick/thin of the yarn. But, it would break easily if tugged to hard. Don't know how to alter patterns enough yet, and husband is a bit bigger than the large size, so he needs to slim a bit before it fits. It would make a nice cozy weekend sweater for me though :) I have more of the yarn in black!
And will someone *please* make it stop raining??? It has been raining in a very un-Seattle way [heavy & consistant] for some 3 days now. How am I supposed to get yard work done before I go on vacation or let the dogs out if it doesn't stop raining? BLECH! Well, it's better than January where it rained 27 or 28 days straight! Some Memorial Holiday...

3 comments:

Val said...

What are you going to do with the fabric? It's very pretty.

megan robertson said...

are you going to make a quilt? I love his fabric...

It would also be a pretty groovy knitting bag?

m.

cindi said...

At some point [when I get back from this trip] it will be an A-line skirt [pattern from Betsy Ross].

~c