9.14.2010

Almost Home!

One more week and the new kid will be home. I've been trying to get Evie excited about him coming. She's quite ambivalent. Sent his harness [a No-Pull Harness from Wiggles Wags & Whiskers] so he can get used to wearing it before his trip. Got his matching collar as well - and ordered a fancy kangaroo leather tag collar from Hi Tide Creations. Holding off on a coat till he gets here.



[And for people not familiar with greyhounds, no Flash isn't wearing a muzzle because he's dangerous. Greyhounds have notoriously thin skin and playing with friends can turn what would seem like a tiny cut on most dogs into a huge wound on a greyhound.]


I'm also a big fat liar. I complained well over a year ago "what's the point of twitter?" Well, Evie has had a twitter account for awhile now. She's made lots of friends all around the world! Not very exciting about what a greyhound does all day, but it's fun :)


And a quick "thank you" to Jennifer and her dogs over at NeversayNeverGreyhounds as she's writing a little story on her site about Evie! Greyhounds excel in all sorts of sports - Evie was good at lure coursing and open field coursing. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

houndstooth said...

Waiting for a new hound to arrive is torture! I hope he's there with you soon!

Bunny has to be a lot more popluar on Twitter than I am! lol

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

I'll let you know when I do the post. Still working on the video edits and getting more info from John..... Plus this crazy Belgium group has me busy with subservient curs right now! :-)

IHateToast said...

I like that Evie is more switched on than you. Snick. She tweets. Cute.