12.06.2008

1.5 projects DONE & What I Want For Christmas

So, I finished the shawl. Blocked and ready to be wrapped up for Christmas!

Once I got the stupid thing started, it was a pretty quick and easy knit. The overall project was pretty cheap too. Like I said earlier, I used 2.5 skeins of Frog Tree Alpaca.

And the other project? Socks. What pattern you ask? Widdershins from knitty.com summer 2006 issue. Plain pattern though - no cables. This is going to be BF's first pair of handmade socks so nothing too fancy. Help with picking up the wraps via misocrafty's tutorial. BF has big feet - 7.5" before I started the heel.

Glad this is toe up! I also realized it's not good to try and pick up wrapped stitches at night in a fairly dark room with inadequate lighting. So, after ripping the stuff out umpteen times last night, the heel went VERY quickly once I was able to see what I was doing.

And this is what I want for Christmas:

A greyhound from Vermillion Greyhounds. As I posted earlier, my puppies, including my other dogs, were awarded to my husband in my divorce. I miss my dogs more than anything in the world. These greyhound puppies are SO beautiful! And they're lines are amazing! Strong coursing/hunting backgrounds and because they are AKC/NGA crosses, more likely than not, they'll turn into some substantial dogs! White brindle or white parti are my favourite colors, followed by the blacks and light reds. Voila - an adorable light red puppy boy!

Note: this photo is taken from Vermillion so they get all the credit & props!

No comments: